In November 2016 the Barcelona Science Park will host EIT Health Spain Local trainings: 4 training sessions addressed to entrepreneurs with a business idea in its early stages. The main objective of these sessions is to validate the business model and empower these entrepreneurs to significantly reduce the elementary technological, financial and commercial risks through a short and intensive start up training through a boot camp.
The call is addressed to individuals or teams of at least 2 persons per project (max 10 teams). The course is free, EIT Health will cover training costs of the selected teams and there will be no equity or IP commitment to the organizers. Each group will have to take care of expenses related to transport and/or accommodation.
The trainings will provide a practical perspective through lectures and breakout sessions on real-life case studies and offer a variety of speakers from academia, companies representatives and successful entrepreneurs. All the aspects of launching a start-up will be covered and coaching will be provided to help participants apply the content into the individual project.
These trainings are mainly addressed to:
- Early stage projects/teams in the fields of Therapeutics & Diagnostics & Medtech and innovations emerging from academic research labs.
- Participants of Accelerator and RIS Activities as Proof of Concept/Head Start Projects, EIT Health Summer Schools Alumni and Plan Competition and InnoStars Awards.
- Spanish participants in previous EIT Health Accelerator calls will have priority in the selection process.
What will you learn?
- To determine if an innovation is aligned with its environment.
- To understand the elements that make up a viable competitive strategy for a healthcare business.
- To create a feasible business plan.
Most classes will be taught in Spanish
- 03 November: 3pm - 7pm | Pitch of founder teams and case studies of SMEs
- 07 November: 9am - 7pm | Value proposition, Business development, Entrepreneurship and Financing
- 14 November: 9am - 7pm | Pitch training, IP and legal issues and Regulatory issues
- 21 November: 9am - 3pm | Pitches and Final evaluation
How to apply?
Fill this document with a summary of your business idea and send it to email@example.com before 21 October 2016.
Selected entrepreneurs will be contacted during the last week of October.