More than 40 companies and entities from the BioRegion of Catalonia will participate in 4YFN, one of the most important international gatherings targeted at the entrepreneurial sector which positions Barcelona as a digital entrepreneurship benchmark. The event will be held from June 28 to July 1, and in this year's edition it will share the Gran Via fair venue with the Mobile World Congress (MWC), which is being held in hybrid format due to the pandemic.
This year, 4YFN will have a zone exclusively devoted to the healthcare sector, the Digital Health Hub located in Hall 2 of Fira de Barcelona- Gran Via. Biocat, in conjunction with ACCIÓ, Barcelona Tech City and CataloniaBio & HealthTech, will have its own area within this space where it is coordinating the presence of 27 companies and entities from the BioRegion.
- AcceXible, the startup that develops vocal biomarkers for the early diagnosis and tracking of mental health diseases (depression, anxiety) and cognitive deterioration (Alzheimer, Parkinson, stroke and now long-haul COVID).
- Adan Medical Innovation, which has created different devices to improve the quality of life of people suffering from anaphylaxis.
- Aimentia, the digital health startup with artificial intelligence solutions for professionals and patients in the field of mental health, improves the therapeutic process until equipping professionals with clinical intervention tools for their patients: resources, games, activities, chatbots, questionnaires, etc.
- The company focused on identifying academic research projects and guiding science entrepreneurs in creating a company, BCN Health Venture Partners, will also have a space.
- Biel Glasses, the startup that has designed smart glasses to improve poor vision and adapt the user's visual reality and thus their mobility and personal autonomy.
- Cluster Salut Mental, an organization focused on generating an ecosystem that encourages people's mental health by promoting companies’ improved competitiveness through innovation, interdisciplinary collaboration and internationalization.
- The Fundació DTI-Donation & Transplantation Institute has the mission of increasing organ donations in the world to improve people's quality of life and prevent organ trafficking.
- Groenlandia Ventures an innovative IoT company that has launched the first smart packaging to ship blood, vaccines and urine.
- HumanITcare, the digital health company that has a solution to remotely monitor patients.
- The software solution IOMED, geared at organizing clinical data and generating artificial intelligence tools.
- Kiara a space focused on women's health which seeks to care for the body and mind with ritual boxes for menstruation and relaxation and women's health classes taught by qualified experts in different sectors.
- Labesport Europe SL which has designed the Plus02 medical technology which offers a solution to work with hypoxia at lower altitude levels.
- LactApp Women Health, the mobile application that provides expert, confidential and personalized advice on issues related to nursing and motherhood.
- The biomarker of Loop Diagnostics which has the capacity to detect the presence of sepsis after the first hour of blood stream infection.
- The software created by Methinks which helps diagnose cerebrovascular problems and provide a guide on decision-making in the disease.
- Moebio: Biocat’s space devoted to acceleration and entrepreneurship.
- Nixi Design for Health, the startup that uses virtual reality with the goal of helping pediatric patients and their families develop positive emotional relations with the hospital setting.
- The company MJN Neuroserveis which uses artificial intelligence to measure the risk of suffering from an epileptic seizure and records data on brain activity.
- Mowoot: the medtech that offers a non-pharmacological, non-invasive solution with no side effects for patients with chronic constipation.
- The startup ONALABS INNO-HUB SL which makes point-of-care (POC) technology, non-invasive products that allow biomarkers to be measured anytime, anywhere.
- The Blue Box Biomedical Solutions S.L, the company that has created a solution to detect breast cancer non-invasively, with no radiation, using artificial intelligence.
- Science4Tech Solutions: this company's application informs doctors and patients about clinical trials for cancer patients.
- Sens Solutions: a solution that provides information for the bacteriological control of water in situ. This technology provides information on the state, control and action of water.
- The tech consultancy Starlab Barcelona focused on developing custom applications and by-products from the EO market.
- Universal Project&Tools, the social company devoted to developing tech solutions for global health, like medical translation tools to break down language barriers.
- The startup WIVI VISION which has created a device that evaluates the visual cognitive function and a personalized training plan for each patient.
- Xartec Salut- Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya, an organization which seeks to foster and develop biomedical research to create new and better technologies, processes and systems for health and wellbeing.
Some of these companies will pitch their projects at the Pitch on Stage at the Digital Health Hub on July 1 at 12:30 p.m.
Presence of speakers from the BioRegion
The eighth edition of the Digital Health and Wellness Summit (DHWS) will also be held on the same day, June 29, to share some of the most innovative projects, with Catalan speakers who will discuss on the digitalization of the sector. For example, Elena Torrente, Director of Digital Development at DKV, and Gemma Estrada, Director of Digital Health at Ferrer, will showcase different digital health initiatives to support entrepreneurs. Likewise, the Hospital Universitari de la Vall d’Hebron and the Fundació Hospital d’Olot will explain their experiences with the immersive tech startup Broomx, which provides mindfulness therapies to healthcare professionals who have been psychologically affected by the pandemic.
The challenges facing Catalan healthcare, such as data management, will also be part of this year's program. During the event, Catalonia's new Digital Health Strategy will be unveiled, which entails an investment of €40 million to develop a new electronic model of health information and registration systems based on the open international standard openEHR.