Bsure Medical (tecmed), Heecap (tecmed), Mimark Diagnostics (biotec), Nanoligent (biotec), Oniria Therapeutics (biotec), Tensor Medical (digital health) and, V-Vision (digital health) are the seven startups from the BioRegion chosen to take part in the 30th Barcelona Healthcare Investment Forum. Each company will pitch to investors from the life sciences and healthcare sector at a hybrid event held on March 31 at the Barcelona Medical Association (COMB).
- Bsure Medical is a spinoff of the Vall d’Hebron Research Institute (VHIR) that is working on a simple way to determine the risk of developing serious complications after injectable biomaterial implants, like dermal, subdermal and subcutaneous fillers.
- Heecapis a startup created out of the Biocat d·HEALTH Barcelona program that is developing a solution to maintain patients’ diaphragm strength using non-invasive electrostimulation for a faster recovery and shorter time on mechanical ventilation.
- Mimark Diagnostics is a spinoff of Vall d’Hebron University Hospital that is working to discover, verify and validate biomarkers to develop new solutions for gynecological patients, ruling out endometrial cancer and providing information on the histological subtype of the tumor to guide surgical treatment.
- Nanoligent is a startup created out of the Autonomous University of Barcelona and the Research Institute of the Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau working on precision medicine. The company is developing targeted drug therapy with its technology that allows for the design of new protein conjugates organized as nanoparticles and capable of targeting specific biological systems.
- Oniria Therapeutics is a spinoff of the Vall d’Hebron Institute of Oncology (VHIO) that is working to modulate the dormant state of cancer cells to exploit these vulnerabilities and overcome disease persistence, prolonging patients’ lives and ultimately curing them.
- Tensor Medical is a startup created out of the University of Girona and the Vall d’Hebron Research Institute (VHIR) that is developing automated machine intelligence tools that reduce the error associated with visual reading of patients’ magnetic resonance images.
This forum, which has become a benchmark in the Catalan biomedical ecosystem, aims to bring together startups and investors in the sector, promoting innovation and entrepreneurship in the healthcare sector. Núria Martí, Director of Innovation and Business Development at Biocat will participate in the meeting.
The event is organized jointly by the Barcelona Medical Association (COMB), Biocat, Barcelona Activa and Esade, with collaboration from Invivo Ventures. For years now, it has been the main meeting point for entrepreneurs and investors in the life sciences and healthcare sector.
Sign up now!