Sanofi offers a program of training and consulting aimed at startups to provide viable solutions and innovative value propositions in any field related to atopic dermatitis, to boost business ideas or applications that improve the quality of life of people affected by this sickness. The solutions can be directed to both patients and professionals or other services or devices.
Participants can submit their proposals until October 24, 2016, sending the form found in the website www.health-u.es completed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Phases of the program:
- First stage: submission of proposals. A committee composed by experts from Sanofi and industry will choose six proposals, which will be announced in early November
- Second stage: the six winners will participate in the 2016 Startup Week from 21st to 25th of November. At the end of the week, projects may be submitted to relevant actors in the health sector during a pitch session
- Third stage: projects will recieve mentoring for six months to promote the development and commercial implementation of their initiatives
Challenges in the atopic dermatitis' sector:
- Diagnosis and patient monitoring through images
- Daily Skin Care
- Clothing: Patients need to use cottons and avoid synthetic fabrics (especially sportswear, because the sport promotes emotional well-being but sweat aggravates the problems of dermatitis)
- Psychological / psychiatric and emotional support monitoring. Atopic dermatitis leads to many problems of stress, anxiety, personal relationship difficulties at work, discrimination, depression ...
- Improvement of the relationship between doctors and patients, usually complex as a result of the disease itself
Follow the activity on Twitter using the hashtag #healthu16.