BIO International Convention is the largest partnering meeting of the international biotechnology sector, which will take place from June 5 to 8 in Boston. More than 14,000 biotech and pharmaceutical leaders will gather for a week to discover new business opportunities and synergies. The convention is a unique opportunity for companies and institutions linked to biotechnology to obtain information of high scientific and financial value, close strategic alliances, obtain financing for projects and acquire new clients. The one-to-one meeting system allows to close a previous agenda of meetings with other companies, investors and institutions.
During the event, the most pressing industry topics such as COVID-19, infectious diseases, oncology, cell and gene therapy, digital health, among others, will be discussed. We will see this through an extensive program that includes academic activities, networking
The BioRegion of Catalonia at BIO Boston 2023
In this edition, the Minister of Health of the Government of Catalonia, Manel Balcells, will lead the delegation of the BioRegion, made up of 46 companies and organizations and more than 80 delegates; which represents more than fifty percent of the presence of companies from the Spanish country.
Satellite events agenda
As every year, several satellite business events take place at BIO, taking advantage of the congregation of Catalan and international delegates.
- Sunday, June 4, 2023 from 12:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. - BLUE KNIGHT™: Johnson & Johnson, together with JLABS (JLABS) and the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA), within the US Department of Health and Human Services organizes this event. The goal is to foster global debate among innovators, investors and KOL'S to discover and accelerate solutions for future pandemics, emerging pathogens and other known and unknown threats. Early stage companies will be able to present a poster and there will also be the possibility of 1:1 meetings between founders, investors and strategic partners. More information
- Sunday, June 4, 2023 from 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. - Ferrer's Partner ONE Patient Engagement & Partnering Event 2023: Ferrer will host a session in Boston with company experts and representatives of European patient organizations to explore new ways to 'interact with people living with rare diseases in Europe. The session will be interactive and is aimed at companies from the United States that want to bring new therapies to the European market. More information
- Monday, June 5, 2023 from 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. - Catalonia BioNETWORKING EVENT: The Government of Catalonia, ACCIÓ and Biocat, in collaboration with Alira Health, will host a networking event for all those companies and professionals who want to create synergies, share knowledge and get to know better the biotechnology ecosystems of North America and Catalonia. Registration is free. Register here!
- Tuesday June 6th from 5:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.- ICEX Hospitality reception - at the exhibition space at the Boston Convention & Exhibition Center #booth 443 the ICEX will host its hospitality reception to promote networking.
- Wednesday 7 June from 08:00 to 10:45 - Conference Celebrating EU-US Collaboration in Biotech - ENRICH (European Network of Research and Innovation Centers and Hubs, US). Conference where various topics will be discussed such as oncology, immunotherapy, biomarkers and experiential robotics applied to medtech, making clear the importance of EU-US research collaboration. Representatives of the European delegations participating in the BIO will participate. Companies can request to participate in various panels and/or have a demo table at the conference. More information
- Friday, June 9, 2023 from 09:00h to 4:00 pm - MetroWest Life Sciences Network invites companies to attend the BIO Tour, which will allow participants to learn more about what the Boston ecosystem can offer the life sciences sector. The program includes a visit to the Sanofi/Genzyme facilities, one of the largest incubators in the Abi-Lab area with more than 40 companies and an important Cell Therapy CDMO Lykan. For more information, ckeck the agenda.
As part of the fair, some companies from the BioRegion are expected to make a company presentation; Ferrer is currently confirmed as part of the programme.
Participating companies and organizations from the BioRegion
The companies and entities of the BioRegion of Catalonia that have confirmed their participation are:
With the support of: