Biocat is the organization that champions the healthcare and life sciences ecosystem in Catalonia working to transform science and technology into regional economic growth as well as social impact.
Biocat focuses its strategy on different key points:
- Raising awareness and promoting the ecosystem, creating tools and strategies for improving the knowledge of the Catalan healthcare sector and increasing its projection both at home and abroad, with the aim of positioning the BioRegion as an international reference.
- Providing innovative training and developing talent, by designing and executing programs and initiatives to improve talent and entrepreneurship considered essential factors for the growth of the sector.
- Accelerating technology transfer and business growth by supporting and carrying out activities for increasing the value of the sector, placing special emphasis on the added value of research, knowledge and technology transfer, internationalization and access to capital.
Set up in 2006 as a public/private foundation, Biocat - along with the government - also drives strategic wide-range policies and projects aimed towards contributing the competiveness of the sector.
Dynamizing the BioRegion globally
Biocat dynamizes the BioRegion, the biosciences cluster in Catalonia, in order to consolidate and project it internationally. Through its actions, Biocat:
- Acts as a knowledge partner for the government to design policies and programs that affect the sector.
- Detects major international trends to anticipate the sector’s needs and opportunities before they even appear.
- Facilitates collaboration between the stakeholders in the BioRegion and a variety of entities in Catalonia and beyond, both nationally and internationally.
- Facilitates access of companies and research bodies to public stakeholders.
- Proposes flexible, innovative solutions to the sector’s challenges, with quality and efficacy.
Visit the What we do section of this website to learn more about the specific projects Biocat is currently working on.