Biospain 2012 grows with international presence
The top biotechnology event in Spain doubles in space and expects to receive 4,000 partnering meetings.
The sixth edition of Biospain, from 19 to 21 September 2012 in Bilbao, will see a significant increase in international delegations. Countries like the United Kingdom (guest country), Canada, France, Germany, Switzerland and Portugal, among others, have already confirmed their participation with business delegations. At the latest edition, in 2010, the countries with the most companies were Spain (77%), France (5%), the United Kingdom (3.5%), the United States (3%) and Germany (2%).
The organizers of this congress —the Spanish Association of Biotechnology Companies (Asebio), the Basque Government, through the Society for Competitive Transformation (SPRI), and BioBasque— have increased exhibition space 50%. They are expecting some 200 exhibitors (168 in 2010), 23 of which will be companies and research organizations from Catalonia. Biocat supports 2012 edition and will have a booth (C18) at the event. In the partnering area, up to 4,000 one-to-one meetings will be held (2,200 in 2010).
In addition to the trade exhibit and partnering spaces, Biospain also features:
- Program of conferences and work sessions with international speakers, which will deal with key questions in regenerative medicine, biomaterials, nanomedicine, biomedical engineering, rare diseases, the search for more effective healthcare systems, the most sustainable ways to produce renewable energy, food innovation, technology transfer, sustainable agriculture, etc.
- BIOTEC 2012 Scientific Conference organized by the Spanish Society of Biotechnology (Sebiot)
- Investment Forum
- Biochem, a specialized investment forum for industrial biotechnology (with support from the European Commission)
- Employment Forum
Biospain has become the largest event in the sector in southern Europe and aspires to the ranking of fourth in the world.
- General registration: €500
- Asebio and Sebiot members: €350
- Members of the BioRegion of Catalonia: €425 (in the “Comments” box on the registration form, write “BIOCAT member discount”)
- Related press release in Spanish (18/9/2012)
- Related news (18/9/2012)
- Related news (14/2/2012)
- Related news (8/11/2011)
With support from: