Only five days left until HiT, the international congress devoted to innovation held for the second consecutive year in Barcelona, which focuses on four economic sectors for the future: healthcare, cleantech, multimedia and information technology.
CEO of Biocat, Montserrat Vendrell, will present the round table HealthCare New Venture on 17 June at 3:30 pm, which will include six leaders in international investment who will explain the latest trends, where and in what to invest:
- Laura Morse, managing director of Ventures Inc.
- David Berry, partner at Flagship Ventures.
- Campbell Murray, managing director of the Novartis Venture Fund.
- Elisabet de los Pinos, founder and general manager of Aura Biosciences.
- Jöel Jean-Mairet, co-founder of Ysios Capital Partners (venture capital company with headquarters in Barcelona).
- Sander Slootweg, managing partner at Forbion Capital Partners.
Eight healthcare projects in final round of Global Entrepreneurship Competition
The 19 finalists in the Global Entrepreneurship Competition have been announced. This competition brings together the best business plans from around the world. The finalists include eight innovative proposals in the field of health sciences from a number of countries (the Netherlands, Singapore, Russia, the United States, South Africa, etc.), but none from Catalonia.
The jury, headed by Jerry Engel, executive director of the Lester Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation at UC Berkeley, will award the top three companies with all or part of the funding necessary for their project: the winner will receive 20,000 euros, the first runner-up, 10,000 euros, and the second runner-up, 5,000 euros. Moreover, all participants will have the opportunity to exhibit their projects before the top global investors, who will be present at HiT.
Sign up (discounts through 14/6/2010)
Date: 16 and 17 June 2010
Place: Congress Hall (Barcelona Fairgrounds) • Av. Reina Maria Cristina, s/n • Barcelona (Spain)
- Related news (19/5/2010)