Call for projects
Find information about the requirements that projects must meet to be selected to participate in CRAASH Barcelona, the evaluation criteria applied, and the commitments made by the members of the participating teams when they are admitted to the program.
Innovative proposals developed by powerful teams
We are particularly interested in innovations that address the areas outlined by the Health Department in Catalonia. These areas include, but are not limited to:
- Mental health and emotional wellness: Solutions that identify individual, social, and structural determinants of mental health and intervene to reduce risks, build resilience, and establish supportive environments for mental health. These solutions can be tailored to individuals, specific groups, or entire populations.
- Planetary health: Solutions that analyze and address the impact of human activities on the Earth's natural systems and their connection to human health and all life on the planet.
- Sexual and reproductive health: Solutions that promote physical, emotional, mental, and social well-being in relation to sexuality, the reproductive system, and its functions and processes.
- Healthy aging: Solutions that intervene in the process of developing and maintaining functional ability, enabling well-being in older age.
We welcome all proposals that fall within these categories, but it won’t be a requirement for participation.
In general, to be selected to participate in CRAASH Barcelona, projects must meet the following requirements:
Quality, potential and team
When evaluating applications, CRAASH Barcelona will consider the following criteria:
The project is of great quality and credible in its proposed approach.
The proposal demonstrates a clear market need/challenge as well as a method to take advantage of that need/challenge.
Assuming the solution works as intended, rate the project on its likelihood of impacting patients in under 3 to 5 years.
The team will be rated on the team and available resources, considering the project’s maturity level, including mix of team members, demonstrated interest in commercialization, skills and experience, etc.
Teams will need to commit themselves to:
- Participate in the level-up virtual session, kick-off meeting.
- Participate in the online mentoring sessions with experts mentors and faculty.
- Participate in the online masterclasses on the relevant topics for developing their business models.
- Conducting the minimum number of interviews required by the program.
- Participate in the online soft landing session in international markets and peer to peer sessions (Holland and Germany).
- The entrepreneurial lead must follow at least 90% of the activities whereas the clinical and the technical leads are expected to attend at least 80% of the activities mentioned above.
In the event of not respecting these rules, Biocat is free to terminate the project's participation in the program. Besides, each team needs to cover its own traveling and accommodation expenses to Barcelona - if any - and to Boston.
In total, to develop all the mentioned activities, each team is expected to invest 40 hours per week, to follow the program.
CRAASH Barcelona is free of charge for the participants, and the promoters do not take equity either. In return, in case a project or startup achieves a successful event, a scheme of profit sharing has been designed.